BDC Full Form In Politics – More recently, in Uttar Pradesh and many states, Gram Panchayat elections have been held, in which Gram Pradhan, Kshetra Panchayat members, and Zilla Panchayat members have been elected. Today we have come up with a post related to the same that what is BDC?
What is BDC Full Form In Politics? “who is Block Development Council’s BDC? – How BDC are formed. Friends, in the structure of India, many tehsils or sub-divisions come under the district. A sub-division or tehsil is divided into several development blocks or blocks. Many villages come within a block, which is the smallest unit of India.
In the Panchayati Raj system, the Pradhan in the Gram Panchayat and the member of the Kshetra Panchayat i.e. BDC is elected in the Kshetra Panchayat. All the BDCs together elect a blockhead, the block chief is the head of the BDC member.
At the same time, many works are also entrusted to the BDC in the Gram Panchayat, such as constructing a drain, installing a pavement and other works are also done under the supervision of the BDC member.
BDC Full Form In Politics
BDC Full Form In Politics – Often people do not know the full name of BDC, what is the full name of BDC? So let us tell you BDC Full Form In Politics – The full form of BDC is “Block Development Council”, it is pronounced “Block Development Council” in English and also called Kshetra Panchayat member in English.
This is ward-wise. are also Apart from this, it is also called the “Block Development Committee”. Although its abbreviation BDC is the most popular word, in many states or places it is also called “Block Development Committee”.
How to become BDC?
BDC Election Process
BDC Full Form In Politics – In the Panchayati Raj system, the State Election Commission is responsible for conducting the elections at the level of Gram Panchayat, Kshetra Panchayat, and District Panchayat. There is a simple election process for BDC elections, which is conducted by the State Election Commission. This election is done through ballot paper.
The people of Gram Sabha directly participate in this election process. And the public chooses the Kshetra Panchayat member for their ward. This is a direct vote. For this, a ward is fixed, only the voters coming under it can participate in it, there can be more than one BDC in a gram panchayat. The winning candidate in this electoral process is considered as BDC.
What should be the eligibility for BDC election?
No educational qualification has been prescribed so far for the post of Kshetra Panchayat member or village head in the Panchayati elections in Uttar Pradesh. But the candidate contesting the election of Kshetra Panchayat member must be a resident of the same village or area from which he is contesting. BDC Full Form In Politics – Along with him, he should also have the necessary documents which can prove his identity and eligibility.
The government is considering to fix the minimum educational qualification in the Panchayati elections in the coming days. BDC Full Form In Politics – Under the population control policy, as well as those with more than two children, can be prevented from contesting this election.
If you want to contest the election of BDC or BDC
- You must have aadhar card,
- Voter ID card will also be required
- Ration card
- Caste certificate and character certificate should also be there.
- Self-attested affidavit should be there,
- bank passbook,
- email id and
- Mobile number is mandatory.
What are the rights of Kshetra Panchayat member?
After becoming a Kshetra Panchayat member, a social prestige is established because you become a Kshetra Panchayat member through the election, and in a way you are a public representative.
- BDC or Kshetra Panchayat member is empowered to get development works worth more than ten lakh rupees done every year by a Zilla Parishad member.
- BDC Kshetra Panchayat members earlier had the right to spend 10 lakh to 15 lakh rupees on the development works of their areas with the help from the center.
- In the 13th Finance Commission, 50 percent of funds were provided to Zilla Parishads, 30 percent to BDC area panchayat members, and 20 percent to panchayats.
- In the 14th Finance Commission, 50 percent of funds were provided to the Zilla Parishads. The budget to be provided to the Kshetra Panchayat Member or BDC was stopped by the 14th Finance Commission.
- In the 15th Finance Commission, 20 percent of funds are provided to Zilla Parishads, 30 percent to BDCs, and 50 percent to Panchayats.
- After this, in 2012, the financial powers of BDC were stopped such as road construction, crematorium, women and youth board, building construction, inn as well as BDC could give money for one and a half dozen works.
Also Read;- EDI Full Form
What is the job of BDC or Kshetra Panchayat member?
Although the work of BDC member is only to elect the blockhead, but from the development work plans that came from his block level, the work of soil filling, drains, paving, beautification, and cleanliness, etc. 30% work can also be done in the area and in MNREGA. But BDC can be done in his area only if the block head provides funds to him.
So, friends, this was the information, how to become BDC – What is BDC? What is BDC Full Form In Politics?– How BDC is formed.